Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series is a collection of free VST audio plugins made by Kjaerhus Audio.
The Audio Classic Serie is a bundle of Kjaerhus 9 Classic Serie mixing and mastering audio plugins. Including the classic auto-filter, chorus, compressor, delay, EQ, flanger, limiter, phaser and reverb. The classic serie goal is to emulate the warm and rich sound of vintage high end analog gear from the 70’s and 80’s eras. Kjaerhus unique “Warmth & Saturation” algorithms will give your sound a sweet and lively analog color. And it’s totally free !
- Phaser, flanger
Komplete Start is the free version of the famous Native Instrument’s production suite Komplete. It includes various high quality virtual instruments, synthesizers and effect plugins.
Komplete free version is a curated selection of hight quality sampled instruments, software synthesizers, effect plugins, utilities, loops and samples for the no brainer price of… nothing at all!
- Over 2,000 studio-quality sounds
- 16 pro-grade synths and sampled instruments, effects, loops, and samples
X-FX is a free multi fx and delay and echo VST plugin developed by NOVUZEIT. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
The X-FX series is a suite of 10 classic FX units, revamped with self modulation abilities and dual channel stereo independent controls. These FX units allow vintage effects or extreme FSU, depending on user intent.
- Analog Filter
- Comb Filter
- Phlanger (combo Flanger + Phaser)
The global GUI scheme is designed with minimalism in mind for ocular ergonomics. Each X-FX unit is optimized for maximum CPU efficiency individually for the ability to chain dozens of FX units together in your VST host of choice. Each FX unit comes with 15 presets.
Wollo Spacer is a free multi fx and delay and echo VST plugin developed by Erik Wollo. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
Wollo Spacer combines two delays, a phaser, and two parallel reverbs.
- Two delays.
- Stereo phaser.
- 2 reverbs, parallel.
- Direct signal gain control.
- On/off buttons and send volume.
waylomodelay88 is a free multi fx and chorus and delay and phaser VST, Audio Unit plugin developed by sean wayland waylo software. Compatible OS(s): Windows 64b, macOS.
This is an audio plugin which is works in a fairly similar fashion to recent Japanese made “Ultimate Delay”-STOMP guitar pedal.
There are 8 bands of delay. The delay times can be modulated by a Sine wav. What that means is that time of the delay is slowly changing from say 98 to 102 and back smoothly with a delay time of 100 and a mod depth of 2. Really short delay times with modulation creates a chorus effect. The last 4 delays also have feedback added and the feedback can be adjusted. Once the feedback gets high enough the delay will repeat forever. Lower than that amount the delays slowly die out. I usually use 4 short delays and 4 long ones. The long ones had feedback. In this plugin the delays are just panned left and right alternatively.
The plugin was made with JUCE and MAX7.
It’s a 64-bit plugin and won’t work on an older 32-bit computer.
I have compiled OS X .vst and .component (apple) plugins and a windows .dll.
My friends and I have tested it out with Cubase, Reaper, Logic and Mainstage.
It works with recent windows and OS X operating systems (as of dec 2017).
Here is a demo of it. This is a pedal steel sample from the Yamaha QY70 run through it.
Hopefully the controls are pretty self explanatory. There are sliders for each delay (time, modulation frequency and delay level), one for direct level and one for mod depth. There is also 4 more sliders which control the feedback for the last 4 delays.
My suggestion of how to learn to use it is to start with the first 2 delays and set the times really short and the frequency and amount really short.
The level of the sliders on my plugin don’t really relate exactly to this list but this should give you an idea of how you might want to set it up.
One quirk of the software is that if you load a saved preset button you have to press the yellow ” load current preset ” button on my plugin to get the sliders to move to the preset values.
Have fun with it.
Any questions or install issues please email seanwayland at gmail.
WatKat is a free delay and echo VST, Audio Unit plugin developed by GSi. Compatible OS(s): Windows 64b, macOS.
WatKat is a digital “clone” of a Wem Watkins “Custom” Copicat. It sounds very lo-fi, noisy, irregular. When you turn it off and leave the tape loaded, the tape bends in proximity of the capstan, and this turns into a periodic pitch fall during echo playback; plus, it gets hot and the background hum gets worse over time… you should turn it off every now and then; the tape is never completely erased, and the capstan motor flutters… and it gets worse if you touch it while it’s spinning; heads tend to get dirty very soon, in fact you should clean them often. This is true for the actual hardware unit, and for the digital simulation as well.
VSTron is a free multi fx and delay and echo VST plugin developed by VTX. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
VSTron is a free plug-in that is well suited to create special FX sounds.
VSTron is capable of producing different kinds of effects such as laser sounds, fast LFOs, ascending/descending sweeps, filtered madness, bubbling bleeps or attacking ramps.
Initially inspired by the Korg Monotron the VSTron includes 1 Osc (Saw, Sine, Triangle, Ramp, Pulse, White Noise and Pink Noise) and 1 VCF Osc with 4 modes (Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Band Reject) as well as 1 Main Envelope. To further modulate things you have 2 Envelopes and 2 LFOs that can be individually assigned to different parameters and some built-in effects such as Drive, Delay and Chorus.
Voxelay is a free multi fx and delay and echo and filter VST plugin developed by NOVUZEIT. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
Voxelay is a diverse effect plug-in designed explicitly to enhance vocals. Traditional chorus, delay, or reverb effects are possible with Voxelay, but more esoteric delay effects are a prime possibility – dub style echos, micro-burst comb-filtering, soprano choirs, and much more are easily obtained with Voxelay.
Voxelay consists of five independent delay layers which can be turned on and off individually. Each layer has the following self inclusive components:
- Pitchshift with audio-buffer setting (plus LFO).
- Vowel Filter for harmonic overtones.
- Delay unit with timing-buffer offset.
- Modulation with feedback setting.
- Stereo Pan (plus LFO for Auto-Pan).
- Stereo Width Offset.
- Analog Filter with Cut-Off and Resonance controls.
- Wet/Dry mix.
Voxelay also has global volume and wet/dry settings, plus global clipping control, and a fully stereo global reverb.
Violent Free Delay is a free delay VST plugin developed by Bitsonic. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
Violent delay is a simple delay plugin where you can change the delay with chorus, filter and phaser:
- Original: We can lower or add to the volume of the input.
- Wet/dry: We can change the volume with this option.
- Feedback: We can change the lenght of the feedback.
- Mid-side: At 0 state it functions as a delay mono, at maximum it functions as a ping-pong delay.
- Time: This option changes the feedback of the delay. If we want the feedback in sync with the speed this function should be at 0.
- Reverse: The delay turns around.
- Smooth: Makes the sounds of the delay more blunt. It’s like an attack-value changer.
- Filter: Filtering the delay, we can cut the unnecessary deep or low sounds from the effect.
- Filter low pass: Filters the high sounds, leaves the low ones as they are. The resonance value is changeable.
- High pass: Filters low sounds. The resonance function that goes with the 2 filters can change the tune of the filters.
- Lfo: Automatized filter. It only works if the filter and filter on/off is on.
- Phaser speed: Changes the speed of the phase shift.
- Phaser gain: Changes the intensity of phase shift.
- Phaser wet/dry: Regulates the mix of the raw delay and the phaser sign.
- Chorus wet/dry: Regulates the mixing of the original and the mixed sign.
- Chorus rate: Adjusts the pitch’s measure’s difference.
- Chorus depth: Regulates the volume of the sound given by the value of the rate.
- Chorus delay: Changes the time of the altered sound.