preFIX is a free audio alignment and stereo imaging VST plugin developed by Variety Of Sound. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
preFIX is a pre-mixing and audio alignment tool which typically takes place upfront the mixing process. It provides a clever tool-set to clean-up, fix and align audio tracks (typically taken from recordings) concerning overall frequency correction, phase alignment, spatial stereo field corrections and routing. It contains a complete gate/expander solution with a dedicated and comprehensive sidechain filtering path as well.
- Smoothest audio frequency filtering.
- Comprehensive gate and expander audio treatments.
- Detailed phase corrections.
- Easy routing and stereo imaging changes.
- Plug-in specification:
- Win32 / VST compatible.
- State-of-the-art digital signal processing.
- Performance-critical parts are written in assembler.
- Completely SSE optimized.
- Main audio path filter:
- Baxandall style shelving filter with pristine audio quality.
- Smooth Butterworth high- and low-pass filter with switchable characteristics (12 and 24dB per octave).
- Both are oversampled and match their analog model curve behavior.
- Sidechain path EQ and filter:
- Whole spectrum “tilt style” balancing filter with adjustable center frequency.
- Smooth Butterworth high- and lowpass filter with switchable characteristics (12 and 24dB per octave).
- A dedicated parametric peaking EQ.
- Internal/external sidechain switchable.
- Sidechain listening option.
- Adjustable threshold between -80 and +6dBFS.
- Freely adjustable knee from hard- to soft-knee behavior up to 1:2 downward expander mode.
- Range limiting option (floor).
- Channel link switchable.
- Envelope follower section with attack, hold and release control.
- Attack timing features console style peak timings as well as two RMS modes.
- Additional gate pre-open timing option.
- Phase alignment:
- Analog style step-less signal phase corrections.
- Detailed options for adopting phase response curve regarding polarity, frequency center and width.
- Additional digital signal delay option.
- Phase control switchable to channel 1, 2 or both.
- Advanced control:
- Detailed output channel routing with six different modes.
- Stereo image rotation option visually supported by a goniometer.
- Output level control with special mono mode to mix in channel 1 and 2.