MQ57 is a free equalizer VST plugin developed by J1000. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
MQ57 is parametric equalizer designed for mastering. It is powerful, but quite easy to use after you understand what each knob and button does, so learning curve should be very mild for everyone who grasps basic principles of equalization. The main difference from other EQs is that MQ57 has all controls and functions optimized for mastering needs – it has relatively wide Q factors that focus on overall balance rather than narrow cuts and boosts, moderate gain ranges for fine-tuning and low and high-cut filters that tame spectrum extremes. There is no hidden processing going on beyond what you dial in – what you set is what you get:
- 7 fully parametric minimum-phase filters per channel: 5 of them are peak, 2 are shelf.
- 2 additional cut filters per channel with two selectable slopes.
- Separated or linked Mid/Side operation for each filter.
- Functions and ranges optimized for subtle mastering equalization tasks.
- Band-pass frequency monitoring for 5 peak filters.
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and reasonable CPU consumption.
- No introduced harmonic or dynamic distortion.