BCRseq is a free sequencer VST developed by Nay-Seven. Compatible OS(s): Windows.
BCRseq is a MIDI plug-in that transforms a Behringer BCR2000 in to a MIDI sequencer.
BallSequencer is based around the idea of MIDI notes generated by balls moving around inside a rectangular area. Notes are triggered whenever a ball collides with the boundary of the rectangle. You can set parameters that will control the movement of each ball, in addition to possible note and velocity values. It can be effective for quickly generating percussive or melodic patterns.
You can have 1-6 balls bouncing around in the rectangle at any time, each ball has it’s own horizontal parameter strip, and an associated color.
BallSequencer is now follow-ware. No limitations have been imposed on the free version, but a nag screen will appear every 30 minutes during use. By following me on either SoundCloud or Facebook, you are entitled to the full (nag-free) version of the plug-in. Simply send me a message using either of these services and I’ll send you a download link.
Inspired by the Automat – a famous self-service eatery in New York City where diners could choose from a variety of dishes available from a rack of vending machines – Audimat is a VST host in which you can load up a rack with your plugins for a variety of sounds. To edit a VST’s parameters, you can either display the VST’s own editor, or use Audimat’s default editor. Switch between the VST’s programs using the selector on its rack panel. Either send MIDI data from an external MIDI controller or use the on-screen keyboard.
Save the current configuration of plugins you have loaded into the rack (a “rig”) to a file so that you can easily reload all of them later. For a given rig, you can also save the current programs of the individual plugins as a patch, so that you can switch between patches without having to set each plugin’s program separately every time.
The above screen shot shows four VSTs loaded into the Audimat rack on the left, with the editor of the Acolyte plugin displayed on the top right, with the on-screen keyboard below it.
For the Windows platform; you need to have .NET 4.0 installed to run it. The user interface is written in C# (Audimat.exe) and the engine is written in C++ (VaShTi.dll). As with all Transonic software, this is open source.
AudaVid: Audacity(R) audio editor with synchronised video playback.
AudaVid is a customised software build of the Audacity(R) audio editor. It provides synchronised video playback using a modified version of the VidPlayVST DAW plug-in. AudaVid is used by media producers composing audio material in sync with video.
The application runs in Microsoft Windows and uses FFmpeg, which is an Open Source library of tools for working with video and audio data in multiple formats. It is able to open and play video files in any format supported by FFmpeg.
- Facility to pick out a specific cue from a longer video reel.
- Loop mode, which can be useful for live performance or rolling presentations.
- The viewport window is resizable and, optionally, the video may be viewed in a detached window or full screen.
- Video may be viewed at its original aspect ratio or scaled to fit a chosen window size.
- Plays the soundtrack if present within the video file, or it can be muted.
- Option to display SMPTE timecode.
Audacity is a free multi-track wave (audio) editor.
- Full record and edit functionality.
- Import and export WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and more.
- Unlimited Undo.
- Amplitude envelope editor.
- Customizable spectrogram mode.
- Frequency analysis window.
- Many built-in effects.
- Macros and Scripting options.
- Supports VST, AU and LV2 plug-ins.
Ardour is a digital audio workstation. You can use it to record, edit and mix multi-track audio. Produce your own CDs. Mix video soundtracks. Experiment with new ideas about music and sound. Generate sound installations for 12 speaker gallery shows. Have Fun.
Ardour capabilities include:
- Multi-channel recording.
- Non-linear, non-destructive region based editing with unlimited undo/redo.
- Full automation support.
- A mixer whose capabilities rival high end hardware consoles.
- Lots of plugins to warp, shift and shape your music.
- Controllable from hardware control surfaces at the same time as it syncs to timecode.
APG Composer combines a 3-voice FM synthesizer with an implementation of the Logique Analogique sequencer, which triggers notes when a weighted sum of different signals exceeds a threshold. APG Composer was created from a Simulink* model without writing app-specific code, using the Audio Plugin Generator source code.
Compared to the iPad version of APG Composer, the user interface for the iPhone app has been simplified by controlling several parameters using just one knob. The underlying sound synthesis algorithm however remains the same.
*Simulink is a registered trademark by The Mathworks, Inc.
Alphabeat is a 16-step sequencer with built in samples ready to use, and customizable with your own samples – WAVE/AIFF/MP3 file types.
Built-in Frequency filter, Reverb, Delay and Compressors with DSP Scripting from Software Designer and MAX/MSP contributor.
The Rewire should be OK, but there’s been an issue with several DAWs. Although the standalone mode would give you satisfaction.
This is Lite, and built specially for KVR Audio Challenge 2014.
Alchemy WaveGen creates custom oscillator and LFO waveforms for the Camel Audio Alchemy plug-in.
It is a standalone Java application with a simple monophonic synthesizer built in, so you can hear what you are doing.
Alchemy WaveGen has a plug-in architecture; by now it comes with two plug-ins:
- FM Generator is a simple FM synth with nine operators you can connect almost freely.
- Audio File Reader allows users to extract waveforms from AIF or WAV files.
Additionally one can create new waveforms by mixing between 4 waveforms, one can filter waveforms with a highpass- and lowpass filter (or even a comb filter) and manipulate waveforms in some other ways.
AirRack is a live environment for those who make sound effects for TV program and other live performance.
AirRack provide you the following racks:
- Amplifier: the component to connect with the audio interface.
- Mixer: route other devices to the amplifier.
- Effects: dual effects which load VST effect plug-ins.
- VSTi: allow you to give real-time performance.
- MP3 player: play MP3 audio file.
- CD player: play the CD track with your CD-ROM.
- Loop player: play an audio file as a loop.
- Sound FX: a simple sampler to trigger sound effects.
- Graphic EQ: 31 band graphic EQ.
You can control the AirRack with your MIDI controller and your computer keyboard. Both English and Chinese versions are available.